|DateThursday, May 09, 2013||Web|
|VenueTCube, 32-34 Castle St, Dublin 2|
Grails - Workshop & Presentation
Tonight, we're gonna have ourselves such a good time as the Dublin Groovy User Group hosts a Grails workshop - starting at 19:00 the group will give a brief intro into Grails, and formulate future workshops of your choice, giving book titles and references to follow up with.
After a short break for beers and pizza, kindly sponsored by Des and @padraigosca of start-up @Taskmessenger, they will outline the reasons why they chose Grails and how they implemented the technology to build Task Messenger.
In 2012, Des and Padraig cofounded Task Messenger, a task-sharing tool to help teams work together more efficiently. Having worked as a software engineer for over 5 years, Padraig has seen and been forced to use lots of different work tracking and project management software. He hated each and every one of them, finding that all had a steep learning curve and required too much information from the user, meaning that they all ended up hindering rather than benefiting projects.
With Des, who has a Project Manager (PMP) qualification and over 15 years of experience working on technical solutions for large multi-nationals, Padraig has designed and implemented cloud based Task Messenger to be user-friendly so users can quickly share and pick up tasks without taking time from their day to day duties.
Their grails presentation will focus on
- The background to Task Messenger, dumping flash builder and going for Grails.
- A quick walkthrough of Task Messenger
- Responsive frontend - leveraging Twitter Bootstrap
- Spring Security Core Plugin (Standard login and authentication)
- Spring Security UI Plugin (Admin console & Sending invites, re-setting passwords)
- Creating a task (private versus public)
- Drag and drop
- Auto-updating using AJAX & jQuery
- Creating a team (Real life work scenario where people are stretched across multiple teams/projects)
- The Drop Box API
- The Google Drive API
- Setting up the chat
- Reporting functionality (Jasper Plugin)
- Setting up the project on AWS
- Q & A
@PubStandardsDub is also on in the Bull & Castle to round the evening off in a style of sorts!
|EVENT:||Grails - Workshop & Presentation|
|DATE & TIME:|| 9th May 2013 / Doors Open 18:30
|VENUE:||TCube, Phoenix House, Castle St, Dublin 2|
For weekly event email
complete Green Box (top right) or
Get Instant Irish Tech News Updates....