Working as part of a business critical IT development team you will have responsibility for supporting and developing various Java/Oracle based applications to meet business requirements, in an Agile Development environment. There will be a mix of adhoc and routine work as well as specific projects in what is a very busy and demanding role.
Skills, Education & Personal Attributes
- Ideally you will be educated to degree or equivalent level in an IT discipline and be able to demonstrate experience in developing Java based web applications using Struts and Spring framework as well as excellent SQL knowledge.
- Experience in the design and implementation of an Enterprise Search Based Application using techniques such as facetted searching, and semantic steaming is beneficial. This should include particular experience in the innovative use, technical design, performance optimization, implementation, and running of Apache Lucene and Apache Solr in a Production Enterprise Linux environment.
- Hands on experience in the tools, and techniques of populating the search engine from diverse sources such as Oracle & Sql Databases, documents in various file formats, Lotus Notes and MS Exchange email, web-crawling etc.
- Experience of using PL-SQL in creating triggers, procedures, packages in Oracle would be an advantage. You must have experience of developing, maintaining and running software applications in a business critical environment.
- You will be proactive, analytical and have strong problem solving skills. With a delivery focused attitude you will possess strong communication skills and have a positive outlook.
If you fulfill these requirements and think you will enjoy working and contributing in such a progressive and challenging environment, we would like to hear from you. Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
People reading this article also read....
Get Instant Irish Tech News Updates....