A Senior Software Engineer is required to join the team at the Telecommunications Software and Systems Group in Waterford Institute of Technology.
Commencement Date: ASAP
- Work with the Product Manager, Chief Architect and customers to develop requirements for software.
- May be required to act as technical lead on one or more projects and will have responsibility insuring that delivery deadlines are met.
- Develop software using the appropriate technology set as specified by the Chief Architect and according to agile development best practices (e.g. test driven development, continuous integration, etc.).
- Develop Object Oriented software modules in Java or similar language.
- Work with database technologies - for example PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS- SQL Server.
- Work with customers and travel to their sites (National and European) as needed to support the product in production, identify enhancements, elicit requirements and/or solve production problems.
- Document any necessary processes or procedures.
- Support the Research Unit Manager in defining new products/services/technology roadmaps.
- Work with the Product Manager to write proposals for future funding.
- Mentors junior staff members in software engineering processes and new technologies.
- Report to the Research Unit Manager.
- BSc/BEng in computing or telecommunications, or equivalent, and a minimum of 4 years software engineering experience.
- Strong Object Oriented programming ability in Java or similar OO language.
- Strong Knowledge of network protocols (either telecommunications or Internet).
- Strong Knowledge of database technologies - for example PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS-SQL Server.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Attention to detail and methodical approach.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to create test procedures and test plans.
- Ability to write proposals.
- Willingness to travel.
- Advanced understanding of web technologies and frameworks.
- Understanding of Computational Complexity for developing data analysis algorithms.
Minimum Qualification Required:
- BSc/BEng in computing or telecommunications, or equivalent.
To apply for this position please submit a loose-leaf CV with accompanying letter/email specifying the position you are interested in before 5pm on 21st February 2012 to:
The Human Resources Office,
Waterford Institute of Technology,
Telephone: 051-845519 Fax: 051-302663
Get Instant Irish Tech News Updates....