About the Company:
Version 1 is an established IT Services & Consultancy company, which has operated successfully for over 16 years.
We recently won ICT Company of the Year, Microsoft Partner of the Year 2011, and Great Place to Work 2012, among others.
Due to our on-going expansion, we have an exciting new roles for Senior Java developer/ Designers to join us on a permanent or longer term contract basis.
Version 1 is offering successful candidates the opportunity to work with multiple public and private sector clients on a wide variety of Java projects. We are looking for experienced Java Designer/Developers that have excellent technical knowledge and a proven track record of delivery of highly reliable Java based applications on time and to a high standard.
• Design/Develop Java applications within a services oriented architecture
• Develop component designs for specific business requirements
• Clearly communicate designs decisions, estimates, prioritisation and other development issues
• Flexible and effective delivery approach in a fast moving organisation
• Perform full life cycle tasks of delivering functional designs, technical designs, unit tests, code, integration tests and deployment
• Expert knowledge of Java EE, Spring, Maven, Jenkins, Junit
• Understanding of design patterns
• Strong application process flow and problem solving techniques
• Experience of developing scaleable and resilient applications with high-volume of transactional requests
• Experience of working to a formal SDLC methodology, either Waterfall or Agile
• Knowledge and extensive experience with common development tools and techniques: integrated development environments, version control, change management, automated builds, continuous integration, test driven development, automated testing models, etc.
• Product development and lifecycle experience - ability to improve existing lifecycle processes
• Minimum 3-5 years java development, 2 in n-tier development
• Experience with secure development
• Knowledge of SOAP, XML, RESTful web services, single sign-on
• Delivering applications using a SQL DB
• Industry certification such as Spring, Sun/Oracle certification
Personal qualities and competencies
• Friendly and professional ‘customer first' manner
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Competent analytical skills
• Driven, high performing and goal oriented
What Version 1 offers:
Our multiple awards and industry accreditations include; Ireland's only Oracle Platinum Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner, Company of the Year in the 2011 ICT Awards, Great Place to Work 2012 & Deloitte Best Managed Company.
• We only assign you to projects you are suited to.
• You will work with a great team of highly qualified Java specialists, who are not afraid to innovate & share ideas, to deliver the best IT solution.
• We provide access to on-going training across range of open source technology.
• We offer rewarding & diverse career path (vertical & horizontal career moves across technologies & practices).
• We support your career aspirations with quarterly performance reviews.
• We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
• We provide you the freedom to do what you love.
This is a great opportunity to progress your long term career, with a 100% Irish owned company, who are rapidly expanding.
What are you waiting for - Come work for Version 1!
For further info, call or e-mail Suzanne Whelan 01 88 73 467, firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Version 1
Get Instant Irish Tech News Updates....