Back to Job Search »
This is a role for an experienced Technical Lead that comes from a Java Development background.Our client is a leader in the mobile space that develops applications and solutions for tier one Telco's and airlines. They have a very strong development team and an educational culture in place that allows developers to identify learning opportunities which the company is happy to fund.
Key features of the role include:
- Providing strong technical direction to the project teams
- Collaborating from a technical perspective with Head of Architecture and Platform Development to recommend improvements to the core solution.
- Working on a leading edge M2B platform developing next generation applications
- Formulating innovative technical solutions to business problems
- Specifying optimal solutions with clients, suppliers, partners and co-workers
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of some or all of the following technical skills is highly desirable:
- Application stack - JEE, Spring, MySQL and other associated technologies
- Web UI technologies
- iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry development
- Experience working within a unit-test and Agile development environment
- Good understanding of usability principles, particularly as applied to mobile devices
- Provide strong technical direction to your project teams :
- Provide pro-active technical mentoring to your teams
- Help your teams to find optimal solutions to address developmental challenges they may encounter
- Ensure the architecture of the teams' solutions across all your projects is optimal, leveraging M2B, and consistent with the company's technical approach as set out by the Head of Architecture and Platform Development
- Ensure your teams follows internal code conventions
- Plan and direct targeted and timely code reviews
- Manage and prioritise specific re-factoring tasks throughout various phases of projects
- The position will include some hands-on development of applications (Web/Mobile)
- You will act as a technical advocate for products both internally and when dealing with clients
- You will Work closely with senior management, PMO, QA and other relevant colleagues on development process improvements
- Direct client contact, both face to face and electronically on regular basis, in support of sales and account management with respect to high-level architecture and technology issues
- Provide technical input into hiring process for development team e.g. reviewing technical tests, assisting with interviews etc.
- Proactively organising, creating and running regular sessions with to impart best practices and provide insights on new, relevant technologies.
Candidates must have:
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years technical lead experience ideally within Agile development teams
- Demonstrated technical leadership to improve Quality, Innovation and Productivity of your teams
- Be a quick and enthusiastic learner and have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment and handle multiple responsibilities
- 2.1 (or higher) BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
Competitive salary is offered (dependent on experience), with regular salary reviews
Performance related bonuses
Share Option Scheme.
Formal training courses, technology conferences and seminars
Get on your way to a more dynamic career with better skills, more responsibility, more money and a better lifestyle for you and your family. APPLY NOW or get talking to Mark Malone or Barry Paterson by dialling out +353 1 APEOPLE (that's 273 6753) on your phone's keypad.
Our phone lines are open Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 7.30pm (sometimes later!), and Friday to 5.30pm
Visit A People Recruitment
People reading this article also read....
Read More about A People Recruitment on IrishDev.com
Get Instant Irish Tech News Updates....
Agency / Employer
A People Recruitment
| ||Loading. Stand by...|
32-34 Castle Street, Dublin 2, Ireland