Title: Linux Application Systems Engineer
Our central London ecommerce client specialises in price comparison websites with sophisticated back end booking technology. They have a requirement for an application systems engineer to start on 9th February (or sooner) for an initial 3 months contract but highly likely to roll on!
You will have a minimum of three years Linux experience in a fast paced online environment supporting high traffic web applications.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Install and maintain the infrastructure including Linux operating systems.
- Evaluate system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware and software compatibility.
- To build out, deploy and support application releases in production ensuring ‘always-on' performance and customer expectation is always fulfilled.
- To help continually improve systems to reduce impact from technical issues, and support continuous integration & production issues
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Linux Administration - CentOS
- Java stack - Apache, Tomcat, Jetty, Netty
- Scripting languages - Python / Java /PHP
- Automation / Configuration management - Ansible
- Monitoring tools - AppDynamics and Splunk (essential) plus knowledge of Tealeaf / Graphite / Consul / Sensu
Gain new skills and dirty hands on the latest DevOps toolsets.
Like the sound of this contract? Then why wait - apply now by clicking the button below, or call Gerry on +353 (0)1 209 1919
Get Instant Irish Tech News Updates....